The The Anti-social Behaviour Group focuses on individuals causing harassment, alarm or distress to residents and communities. The group also promotes multi-agency activity related to those on the Youth Inclusion Support Project.
Its purpose is to deliver actions in the Partnership Plan linked to the following priorities:
- Reducing anti-social behaviour and environmental crime
- Reducing alcohol and drug related anti-social behaviour
- Reducing worry about anti-social behaviour and increasing feelings of safety
This group meets monthly and operates formally under an Information Exchange Protocol. The following agencies have nominated officers who receive information requests and attend meetings as required:
- West Kent Police: Neighbourhood Team; Public Safety Unit
- Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: Community Safety; Housing; Environment and Streetscene
- Safe Town Partnership
- West Kent NHS Primary Care Trust
- Kent County Council: Children, Families, Health and Education, Youth Offending Service, Youth Service, Community Safety, Trading Standards
- Town and Country Housing Group
- Kent Probation Service
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service
- Registered Social Landlords
The Chair is elected annually. Since its inception the meeting has been chaired by the Tunbridge Wells Neighbourhood Police Inspector.