Statistics show that Tunbridge Wells has very low levels of car theft. However there are a few simple steps you can take which mean you are less likely to become a victim:
- Always lock your car, even if you are only leaving it for a minute or two.
- Never leave your car running unaccompanied, for instance when leaving it to de-frost on a cold morning
- Don’t leave windows open in the summer because of the heat as that gives potential thieves an easy entry point
- Park your car in a locked and secure garage overnight if you have one. If your driveway has gates, make sure you shut and lock them if possible.
- If you park your car on the street, make sure it in is a well lit street so potential thieves will be seen
- Consider putting a steering lock on your steering wheel as a deterrent
- Newer cars come with alarms but if yours doesn’t, it may be worth getting one fitted